Construction has been completed on the removal of remnants of the former Pulaski Mills Dam located in the Shenango River near Pulaski on State Game land 150. The project is a cooperative effort undertaken by the Pennsylvania Game Commission and Lawrence Conservation District. Formerly, the Pulaski Mills Flour Mill operated on the bank of the river. A tragic fire in 1922 destroyed the Mill building itself, at that time the Mill had been in use since the 1840’s.
Improvements made to the site include removal of the dam, construction of an upgraded access including a parking area and a small boat launch area.
The Game Commission and Conservation District encourage and support better access for recreational use of the County’s waterways. This new site will complement efforts completed by the County and existing boat launch locations maintained by the PA Fish and Boat Commission.
Questions about the project may be directed the Lawrence Conservation District Office at 724.652.4512, or the Game Commission’s Northwest Regional Office at 814.432.3187.